FARM BUREAU MUTUAL INSURANCE COMPANY OF IDAHO INTERNET AND APPLICATION PRIVACY STATEMENT
This Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Company of Idaho (“FBMIC”) Internet and Application Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”) describes the privacy practices of FBMIC and FBMIC affiliated companies whose websites and mobile apps link to this Privacy Statement. This Privacy Statement is made available to explain the information we collect, why we collect it, how we use and share it, and the options you have with regard to your information. FBMIC customers may also receive a privacy statement for policy products when initially purchased and as a part of annual policy documents, and there may be other policies available on the FBMIC website. Those consumer privacy statements may contain additional information and rights relating to your customer relationship with us. Those privacy statements and this FBMIC Online Privacy Statement explain our privacy practices and should be read together.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
FBMIC collects personal information about you. Personal information is information that identifies, relates to, or describes you. Other, non-personal information may be collected and does not and cannot reveal an individual’s identity such as information that has been altered to remove any identifying characteristics or aggregated. The information we collect varies based on what products you have purchased from us and what FBMIC services you utilize. We collect personal information about you in several ways from several sources. We collect personal information directly from you including when you sign up for services, buy a product, subscribe to a membership or mailing list, enroll in a mobile app feature, or during the quoting, registering, application, or claims handling processes. We and service providers working on our behalf may at some point collect personal information from you when you use one of our websites, mobile apps, view our emails or otherwise engage with us through a computer or mobile device (“Sites”) such as IP address, browsing history, and other internet activity information. We may also collect personal information about you from third parties such as consumer reporting agencies, service providers, marketing companies and data providers.
The following personal information categories have been collected and shared for at least the past 12 months:
PERSONAL IDENTIFIERS. Name, alias, signature, postal address, phone number, date of birth, unique personal identifier, state identification card number, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS. Age and marital status
SERVICE OR PRODUCT RELATED INFORMATION. Policy data including coverage information, premiums, account name, policy number, credit scores and other information, claims history, payment history, driving record, records of real and personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies, bank account or credit card number or other payment or financial information, professional or employment‐related information, education records such as grades or transcripts, and family member information.
GEOLOCATION DATA. Physical location, movements, or trip tracking information.
INFERENCES. Inferences drawn from any personal information collected.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal and other information for business purposes including to:
- Provide and maintain your services and products. We may use your personal information to provide or maintain the services, products, or memberships you have purchased including to set up a product or service or provide a product or service, maintain your account, service your policy, change your policy, handle a claim, complete a transaction, or respond to customer service requests or other inquiries. We may also collect information about other parties from you to carry out necessary services and/or requests, including, but not limited to adding another driver to your existing policy or investigating a claim. If you provide us personal information about others, or if others give us your personal information, we will only use the information for the specific reason for which you provided it to us.
- Communicate with you about your service or product. We may communicate with you about your product, service, account, policy or membership, provide you transaction confirmations, payment alerts or other service or product related messages via mail, email, text, or other available methods.
- Improve, develop, and analyze our sites, services, and products. We may use your personal information and other information to:
- Improve or develop our sites, products, and services and develop new services, products or features using algorithms, analytics software and other similar methods.
- Update or correct our records. We may receive personal information about you from other sources, including publicly available databases or from third parties from whom we have purchased data. We may combine that personal information with other personal information we have about you. For example, we may obtain change of address information from public sources and use that personal information to update or correct your address.
- Find locations on request. We may obtain your location from the mobile device or the network using your device’s Global Positioning System (GPS) functionality or directly from you. We may use this information to help locate an agent or a service provider, identifying the location of an accident or identifying the location of a roadside event you are reporting. If you do not want location information used, you can disable the GPS functionality on your mobile device.
- Comply with legal requirements and protect the safety and security of our business, services, and Sites. We may use your personal information to comply with laws, regulations, or other legal obligations, to assist in an investigation, to protect and defend our and your rights and property or the rights of third parties, or to enforce terms and conditions. We may also use your personal information to prevent suspected fraud, threats to our network or other illegal activities, prevent misuse, or for any other reason permitted by law.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with our affiliates for business purposes consistent with this Privacy Statement. We may also share personal information about you with third parties whenever you consent to or direct such sharing, or as a part of the claims resolution process. We strive to work with companies that share our commitment to privacy. We may also share information with others in an aggregated or de-identified form that does not reasonably identify you. We may also share your personal or other information with service providers and other third parties for business purposes or as required or permitted by law including with:
- FBMIC Agents: FBMIC operates through agents who sell our services and products on our behalf. We may share your personal information with those agents to provide you with the products and services you requested.
- Service providers: Personal information may be shared with service providers who perform services on our behalf for a business purpose.
- Marketing and advertising partners: We may share personal and other information with third party online and other marketing and advertising partners or permit these partners to collect personal information from you directly on our Sites to personalize online advertising. We may share personal information with other financial institutions or other companies with whom we have a joint marketing agreement. The Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies section below has more details about these activities.
- Third parties in connection with a business transaction: Personal information may be disclosed to third parties in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a merger, sale of any or all of our company assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by an affiliate or third party, or in the event of a bankruptcy or similar proceedings.
- Companies and individuals involved in insurance and other business transactions: We may share your personal information with other companies that play a role in an insurance transaction with you such as independent claims adjusters, repair shops, and other claims related companies. We may also share your personal information to participate in insurance support organizations.
- Law enforcement, regulators, and other parties for legal reasons: Personal information may be disclosed to third parties, as required by law or subpoena, or if we reasonably believe such action is necessary to:
- Comply with the law and the reasonable requests of regulators, law enforcement or other public authorities;
- Protect our or others’ safety, rights, or property; and
- Investigate fraud or to protect the security or integrity of our Sites or any product or services.
We share the following categories of personal information with the following parties:
|Categories of Personal Information||Categories of Third Parties|
|Biometrics and multimedia information||Companies and individuals involved in insurance and other business transactions; Authorized agents; Service providers; Third parties involved in a business transaction; Law enforcement or regulators|
|Geolocation data||Companies and individuals involved in insurance and other business transactions; Authorized agents or brokers; Service providers; Third parties involved in a business transaction; Law enforcement or regulators|
|Internet or other electronic network activity information||Service providers; Marketing and advertising partners|
|Inferences||Companies and individuals involved in insurance and other business transactions; Authorized agents or brokers; Service providers; Marketing and advertising partners; Third parties involved in a business transaction; Law enforcement or regulators|
|Personal characteristics||Companies and individuals involved in insurance and other business transactions; Authorized agents or brokers; Service providers; Marketing and advertising partners; Third parties involved in a business transaction; Law enforcement or regulators|
|Personal identifiers||Companies and individuals involved in insurance and other business transactions; Authorized agents or brokers; Service providers; Marketing and advertising partners; Third parties involved in a business transaction; Law enforcement or regulators|
|Service or product related information||Companies and individuals involved in insurance and other business transactions; Authorized agents or brokers; Service providers; Marketing and advertising partners; Third parties involved in a business transaction; Law enforcement or regulators|
We do not sell your personal information.
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
Technologies and Information Collected: When you visit our Sites, we and our service providers may collect information about your use of and access to these Sites. We may collect this information through a variety of tracking technologies including cookies, Flash objects, web beacons (also called pixel tags), embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies, and similar technology (collectively, “tracking technologies”). Information we collect automatically about you may be combined with other personal information we collect directly. The information collected in this manner includes:
- The website from where you accessed the Site, where you went to when you left the Site, how frequently you visit the Sites, when and whether you open emails or click the links contained in emails, pages you visit on our Sites, the links you click and ads you view, or your location when you access our Sites;
- Information about the computer, tablet, smartphone or other device you use, such as your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, platform type, device type/model/manufacturer, operating system, date and time stamp, a unique ID that allows us to uniquely identify your browser, mobile device or your account (including, e.g., a persistent device identifier or an Ad ID), and other similar information;
- Analytics information collected by us or via third party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Sites and to understand more about the demographics and behaviors of our users; and
- How often you use a mobile app, from where the app was downloaded, events that occur within the app, aggregated usage, and performance data.
Use of the information: The information collected through tracking technologies allows us to provide you with an improved, enhanced and personalized customer experience, to monitor and improve our Sites and for other internal purposes such as:
- Remembering information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Sites;
- Provide custom, personalized content and information, including targeted content, communications and advertising;
- Identify and contact you across multiple devices;
- Provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Sites;
- Perform analytics and detect usage patterns on our Sites;
- Diagnose or fix technology problems;
- Detect or prevent fraud or other harmful activities; and
- Otherwise to plan for and enhance our Sites.
Our service providers include Adobe and Google. To learn about Adobe Analytics privacy practices or to opt-out of cookies set to facilitate reporting, click here. To learn more about Google’s privacy practices, click here. To access and use the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on, click here. We participate in the Adobe Marketing Cloud Device Co-op to better understand how you use our website and apps across the various devices you use, and to deliver tailored promotions. Learn more at https://cross-device-privacy.adobe.com about how Adobe does this.
Your choices regarding cookies: If you prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to manage cookies in your browser settings to disable or block cookies, remove existing cookies, automatically accept cookies or to notify you when you receive a cookie. Options available may vary by browser. However, if you disable, modify, or reject cookies, some parts or functionalities of our Site may be inaccessible or not function properly. For example, disabling cookies may require you to repeatedly enter information to take advantage of services or promotions.
PRIVACY RIGHTS AND CHOICES
California residents: For detail on your California Consumer Privacy Act rights see California Privacy Rights and Choices section below.
Accessing, reviewing and correcting your personal information: FBMIC customers can request to see or access their recorded personal information at any time. To do this, please email us at email@example.com or send a letter to Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Company of Idaho, Customer Privacy Inquiries, P.O. Box 4848, Pocatello, ID 83205-4848 with your request. Proper identification may be required to fulfill the request. If you believe our information is incomplete or inaccurate, you can request that we correct it and we will make corrections if possible. Please note we may not be able to provide information relating to investigations, claims, litigation, and other matters otherwise protected. We will respond to all such requests within a reasonable time. We can’t change information provided to us by other companies like consumer reporting agencies. You will have to contact them directly. You may also update, delete or modify your account profile information at any time by calling us or contact your agent to correct the information.
Email Marketing Choices and Other Notifications: We may send you email marketing communications about products, features and services that may be of interest to you. To opt out from receiving marketing and promotional emails from us, please send us a request by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or click the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of each communication. Even if you opt out of receiving marketing emails, we may still send you non-marketing emails such as emails about your products or services or responses to your requests and inquiries. You may also limit receipt of mobile app push notifications by disabling push notifications within the mobile app.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS AND CHOICES
California residents have certain rights under CCPA to access and delete personal information described in this section, and other rights described below. While these CCPA rights do not apply to all personal information collected by FBMIC such as personal information that is subject to certain federal or state laws, for transparency and for your convenience we have extended these rights to personal information we believe may be relevant to your request.
Verified Requests: To protect you and your personal information, we will only respond to access or deletion requests that we have been able to properly verify through our authentication processes. To verify your identity, you will be asked to provide several pieces of personal information, such as name and demographic information, which we only use to verify your identity or authority to make the request.
Submitting a Request: To submit an access or deletion request, please email us at email@example.com or call our customer service department. Responses to a verified request may take up to 30 calendar days, or longer depending on the nature of the request. If additional time is needed, we will notify you of the additional time. We may only respond to two access requests within a 12-month period. Requests from authorized agents must be submitted in the same manner, but to protect your privacy, consumers will be required to verify their identity directly.
Right to Access Your Personal Information: You have the right to request that we disclose certain information about our collection and use of your personal information over the past twelve months including:
- the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you;
- the categories of personal information collected;
- the categories of sources from which personal information was collected;
- the business purpose for collecting the personal information; and
- the categories of third parties with whom we share personal information.
Right to Deletion of Personal Information: You have the right to request we delete personal information we collected. We will delete your personal information in response to a verifiable request unless needed to:
- Complete a transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities;
- Debug products to identify or repair errors that impair functionality;
- Exercise free speech ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with a legal obligation; or
- Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
Non-Discrimination Rights: You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of your California privacy rights.
SOCIAL MEDIA, LINKS AND EXTERNAL SITES
This Privacy Statement describes the privacy practices of Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Company of Idaho and the FBMIC affiliates whose websites and mobile apps link to this Privacy Statement including, but not limited to: Western Community Insurance Company; Farm Insurance Brokerage Company, and Farm Bureau Finance Company. Eligibility information may be shared for marketing purposes among Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Company of Idaho and the FBMIC affiliates listed above.
Protecting your personal information is important to us. We use a combination of reasonable technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to protect your personal information. However, no website, mobile application, database or system is completely secure or “hacker proof.” So, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. You are also responsible for taking reasonable steps to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse. We limit access to your personal information to those who need it to do their jobs. We comply with all applicable federal and local data security laws.
If you should have questions or concerns about our privacy practices, please contact our customer service department.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT
We may periodically update or revise this Privacy Statement. The effective date at the top of the document shows when this Privacy Statement was last revised. We will let you know when we update the Privacy Statement by changing the date or by other appropriate means.