Director of Commercial Lines Underwriting
The Director of Commercial Underwriting role requires an individual with exceptional skills to lead a team of
Commercial Lines Supervisors and Underwriters. The Primary objective of this role is to drive profitable underwriting results through effective leadership and continuous development while fostering a culture of
engagement within the team. Responsibilities include guiding and directing team members to deliver high-quality, timely underwriting decisions aligning with business objectives. Additionally, the Director will proactively identify issues and make recommendations to support the growth of the business in alignment with Company and Department strategies and initiatives.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Coach team members on development to increase knowledge and performance.
- Work with agency partners to build strong relationships through communication and training.
- Drive the implementation of optimized processes and monitor change adoption/decisions/activities.
- Be a leader for continuous change and improvement.
- Work to build the company brand in a positive way for agents and customers.
- Collaborate with other departments on projects for the betterment of the company.
- Work with the VP of UW to build and grow a profitable, diversified book of business.
- Miscellaneous tasks as directed.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Change Management – Ability to encourage others to seek opportunities for different and innovative
approaches to addressing problems and opportunities.
- Communication – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word and writing in a clear
and concise manner.
- Decision Making – Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Honesty / Integrity – Ability to be truthful and seen as credible in the workplace.
- Judgment – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Leadership – The ability to motivate and lead others.
- Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Time Management – Ability to complete work within given deadlines.
- Professionalism – Avoid business or personal activities that present a conflict of interest. Display conduct
favorable to oneself, the department, and the company.
- Innovation – Ability to be forward-thinking by continually seeking ways to improve the organization.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent insurance experience.
- Minimum ten years of Commercial Lines underwriting experience.
- Must have business management experience, including leading a team and achieving strategic goals.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Web-based programs.
Participation in insurance education courses such as AINS, AU, CPCU, and other related
courses is preferred and may be required.
|Location||Pocatello Corporate Office|
|Company||Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Company of Idaho|
|Rate of Pay||We offer competitive pay and an excellent benefits package.|