Idaho Farm Bureau Federation
Department: Farm Bureau Federation
Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Director of Information Services
Amount of Travel Required: Primarily Regional
Job Type: Regular
Positions Supervised: None
Work Schedule: M-F
Videographer/Broadcaster to produce quality video stories and other media products focused on Idaho agriculture. Individual will primarily travel to regional farms and produce stories that help people understand the working of Idaho farms and ranches. Individual will also work with the Governmental Affairs team to produce news stories that help explain how certain legislation affects agriculture.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Knowledge of video editing software.
- Company will provide camera equipment or pay a monthly stipend for the employee to use their own equipment.
- Individual will take on assignments and generate own news ideas.
- Creative and flexible story telling that could range from 30 seconds to 30 minutes.
- Makes and maintains good relationships with farmers, ranchers, and other farm organizations.
- Researches and implements developing media platforms.
- Established working relationship with media outlets.
- Has the ability or will learn filming using a Farm Bureau drone.
- Can post stories to YouTube, Facebook, and other social media platforms.
- Ability to study and learn legislative issues.
- Able to conduct on-film interviews.
- Assist Farm Bureau staff at events and meetings as needed.
- Confidentiality – Ability to keep sensitive information private and secure.
- Ethical – Conduct which conforms to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Working Under Pressure – Ability to complete assigned tasks under occasionally stressful situations.
- Time Management – Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Reliability – The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Interpersonal – Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Loyal – The trait of feeling a duty to the employer.
- Honesty / Integrity – Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Communication – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word and also writing in a clear and concise manner.
- Professionalism – Avoid business or personal activities that present a conflict of interest. Display conduct favorable to oneself, the department, and the company.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Background or education in digital news production helpful.
Experience in agriculture beneficial, but not required.
Experience: 2 plus years of experience.
Computer Skills: Video editing software.
Other Requirements: Must be able to show portfolio of previous work.
N (Not Applicable)
Reach Outward F
Reach Above Shoulder F
Squat or Kneel O
10 lbs or less F
11-20 lbs F
21-50 lbs O
51-100 lbs N
Over 100 lbs N
12 lbs or less F
13-25 lbs O
26-40 lbs N
41-100 lbs N
The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the company may deem appropriate.