Vice President of Underwriting
Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Company of Idaho is seeking a Vice President of Underwriting to manage a multiline underwriting department. We are an established, 75 years, insurance company domiciled in the state of Idaho that is also experiencing desired book growth. Farm Bureau Insurance was recognized as the best-in-state for homeowner’s insurance by Forbes for 2021. We are the number one writer in the farm market in the state of Idaho and we are focused on continuing to expand our book of business in commercial lines.
The main responsibilities of this role include:
- Assist in developing long and short-term strategic plans as a member of the Executive Team.
- Establish financial control guidelines, underwriting standards, and best practices.
- Product development.
- Representing company in industry and community organizations
- Lead conversion project of moving Commercial Package Policy to new computer platform.
- Directly and indirectly supervise a staff of approximately 40 people.
Our Corporate Values are Excellence, Dependability, Accountability, Fairness, Teamwork, Service, Respect, and Integrity.
Desired Competencies include business acumen, project management, communication, decision making, and professionalism.
- Education-Either Four-year college degree or significant related experience with CPCU designation or similar industry accepted credentials.
- Experience-10 years progressively more responsible position in Underwriting/Processing and product development.
- Computer Skills- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
|Location||Pocatello Corporate Office|
|Company||Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Company of Idaho|
|Rate of Pay||We offer competitive pay and an excellent benefits package.|