Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Co. of Idaho
Department: Training Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Reports To: Training Manager
Grade/Level: NA Amount of Travel Required: 30-40%
Job Type: Regular Positions Supervised: NA
Work Schedule: M-F 8:00AM – 5:00PM; Overtime as needed.
Training Specialist will be responsible for assisting in development and implementation of companywide training needs.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Assist in implementation of companywide training.
- Select and develop training material including handbooks, computer tutorials, and visual aids as needed.
- Evaluate effectiveness of training and recommend changes in objectives and methods.
- Ability to present, teach, and facilitate in small or large groups.
- Assist in analyzing and assessing training and development needs for individuals and departments.
- Assist in developing training curriculums to meet organizational goals within each department.
- Create and implement digital content across e-learning platforms.
- Provide feedback and recommendations to developers on software usability and functionality of companywide systems.
- Collaborate with home office and field staff to evaluate or diagnose problems and recommend possible solutions.
- Design scenarios, scripts, and procedures to assist in day to day tasks.
- Follow-up to ensure that appropriate changes were made to resolve problems.
- Assist in ordering books, test registration, and scheduling of individuals for exams.
- Miscellaneous tasks as directed.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Analytical Skills – Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Communication – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word and also writing in a clear and concise manner.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Honesty / Integrity – Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Time Management – Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Proactive – Ability to create or control a situation by causing something to happen rather than responding to it after it has happened.
- Project Management – Ability to organize and direct a project to completion.
- Professionalism – Avoid business or personal activities that present a conflict of interest. Display conduct favorable to oneself, the department, and the company.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Some College: Preferred
Experience: 1 to 2 years’ experience in a customer service role preferred.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Other: Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.