Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Co. of Idaho
Software Quality Assurance Developer
Department: Information Services Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Reports To: Quality Assurance Supervisor
Grade/Level: NA Amount of Travel Required: N/A
Job Type: Regular Positions Supervised: None
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday
Software QA Developers will participate in SAFe methodology, attend and participate in Program Increment (PI) planning, daily standup, iteration, retrospective, and QA meetings. Interpret business requirements, develop and execute test scripts, report bugs, and make recommendations for resolving software defects. They will research, learn and apply best practices to the software development quality assurance process, support the development team with the creation of tools, and become an expert in hands-on software testing (functional, regression, load, etc.).
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Develop and execute test scripts using Object-Oriented Java development
- Conduct all types of application testing as needed: system, unit, regression, load, and acceptance
- Collaborate with business analysts, developers, product owners, business owners, and system users in the manual testing of software applications
- Analyze test results in order to discover and resolve defects, configuration issues, flaws
- Adhere to the defect tracking process and monitor defects sot that resolution progresses in a timely manner (using Rally)
- Be comfortable working within Scaled Agile Framework team environment
- Miscellaneous tasks as directed
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Analytical Skills – Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Communication – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word and also writing in a clear and concise manner.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Honesty / Integrity – Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Reliability – Ability to be dependable and trustworthy.
- Time Management – Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Project Management – Ability to organize and direct a project to completion.
- Professionalism – Avoid business or personal activities that present a conflict of interest. Display conduct favorable to oneself, the department, and the company.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming languages, Java (preferred)
- Knowledge of system testing and software quality assurance methodologies (Selenium preferred)
- Proven data analysis, data verification, and problem-solving abilities
- Positive energy and a passion, with an aptitude for technology, systems and processes
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science/Information Systems.