Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Co. of Idaho
Department: Legal Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt Reports To: SIU Supervisor
Grade/Level: NA Amount of Travel Required: 50%
Job Type: Regular Positions Supervised: NA
Provide specialized investigative services, when insurance fraud is suspected.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Analyze claim information to determine if suspected fraud warrants a SIU referral.
- Assist claims personnel with the fraud investigations that don’t meet the referral guidelines.
- Research the background of suspects using online services.
- Travel to loss locations for on-scene investigating and scene canvasing.
- Interview witnesses and take statements from involved parties.
- Coordinate the use of expert witnesses.
- Retain inside and/or outside counsel to assist with Examinations Under Oath.
- Make recommendations to claims personnel based on the strength of the SIU investigation.
- Miscellaneous tasks as directed.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Analytical Skills – Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Communication – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word and also writing in a clear and concise manner.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Honesty / Integrity – Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Time Management – Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Proactive – Ability to create or control a situation by causing something to happen rather than responding to it after it has happened.
- Project Management – Ability to organize and direct a project to completion.
- Professionalism – Avoid business or personal activities that present a conflict of interest. Display conduct favorable to oneself, the department, and the company.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in experience.
Experience: Previous experience in insurance or investigations preferred.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and web-based programs.