Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Co. of Idaho
Department: Project Management Office Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Reports To: PMO Manager
Grade/Level: NA Amount of Travel Required: 0%
Job Type: Regular Positions Supervised: None
Work Schedule: M-F 40 hours/week; Overtime as needed
Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Company of Idaho is seeking an individual with a desire to learn, grow, and provide leadership to make a difference in the Idaho Insurance Industry. The Scrum Master leads one or more software development agile teams using Farm Bureau’s Agile and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) implementation while collaborating with the Project Owner and Development Team and other teams for our enterprise systems, e.g. Billing, Policy, and Claims. The Scrum Master is the owner of the process and ensures the team can perform its roles efficiently.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statements
- Understand and be able to explain the fundamental principles and practices of Agile and SAFe
- Be able to explain to reluctant Development Team members why we follow Agile and SAFe principles and practices
- Facilitate, mediate, and participate in team ceremonies with Project Owner and Development Team
- Keep timeboxes in team ceremonies
- Understand the basic purpose of team ceremonies to the Development Team, and be able to explain what needs to be done in the meetings
- Facilitate meetings without meddling to allow conversations to happen naturally, and also steer them away from going off on a tangent
- Miscellaneous tasks as directed
- Servant Leader – Can garner respect from his/her team
- Communicative and social – Can communicate well with teams
- Candor – Can have honest conversations, even when it may be difficult
- Assertive – Can ensure Agile/Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to, must be able to be a voice of reason and authority, make the tough calls
- Situational Awareness – Be the first to notice differences and issues as they arise and elevate them to management; Know when, how, and with whom to properly communicate
- Respectful – Always treating others with kindness, even when disagreeing or voicing concerns
- Enthusiastic – Can create positive and high energy with teams
- Relentless Improvement – Must continually be growing one’s craft learning new tools and techniques to manage oneself and a team
- Conflict Resolution – Can facilitate discussion and suggest alternatives or different approaches
- Attitude of Empowerment – Can lead a team to self-organization
- Attitude of Transparency – Desire to bring disclosure and transparency to the business about development and grow business trust
- Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task
- Organized – Following a systematic method of performing a task
- Professionalism – Avoid business or personal activities that present a conflict of interest. Display conduct favorable to oneself, the department, and the company.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or Information Systems preferred.
Certifications: SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) required.
Experience: 1 to 2 years’ experience in product/project development, familiarity with Agile, Scrum, and/or SAFe, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), and knowledge of Insurance Industry preferred.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Other: Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.