Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Co. of Idaho
Property Claims Representative
Department: Claims Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt Reports To: Regional Claims Manager
Grade/Level: NA Amount of Travel Required: 40-50%
Job Type: Regular Positions Supervised: None
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday
The focus of this position centers around producing timely property claims adjustments that are high quality and accurate.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Pay covered claims.
- Review insurance policy to determine coverage.
- Prepare insurance claim forms and related documents and review them for completeness.
- Provide customer service, such as limited instructions on proceeding with claims and communicating with local contractors.
- Organize and work with detailed office records, using computers to enter, access, search and retrieve data.
- Post or attach information to claim file.
- Contact insured or other involved persons to obtain missing information.
- Calculate amount of claim.
- Apply insurance rating systems.
- Miscellaneous tasks as directed.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Analytical Skills – Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Communication – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word and also writing in a clear and concise manner.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Honesty / Integrity – Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Responsible – Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
- Professionalism – Avoid business or personal activities that present a conflict of interest. Display conduct favorable to oneself, the department, and the company.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or comparable experience.
Preferred experience: Four years comparable experience in construction, or other areas pertinent to insurance claims.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Licenses: Must have a standard Driver’s License.
Participate in industry courses such as AIC and/or CPCU.
General Knowledge of building products and trades
IICRC (Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification) Training
Basic knowledge of principles of Construction
Experience in Construction Estimating
Physical Ability to climb a ladder and ability to access a crawl space.