Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Co. of Idaho
Department: PMO Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Reports To: PMO Manager
Grade/Level: NA Amount of Travel Required: 5%
Job Type: Regular Positions Supervised: None
Work Schedule: M – F; Overtime as needed.
Member of an agile team responsible for defining user stories and priorities for the team.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Participating in team planning, daily stand-up, demo/review, and retrospective
- Owning, maintaining, and prioritizing the team’s backlog of possible future work
- Coordinating dependencies with other Project Owners and Project Managers
- Accepting iteration plans and execution
- Testing and accepting user stories according to the acceptance criteria and definition of done
- Completing GEMBA to solicit feedback from the end users
- Capture input from users and stakeholders to support and validate decisions
- Answering questions and making decisions for the team on behalf of the customer(s)
- Aligning team priorities with Business Owners, customers, and company
- Working across teams to define and implement improvement user stories
- Understanding the impact of a problem, solution, and business benefit of the work being delivered
- Supporting the Scrum Master in process development for the team
- Setting a standard of completing commitments and following up to close the loop of communication
- Contributing to the program backlog and vision
- Being the primary source of user story detail
- Establishing user story acceptance criteria
- Drafting iteration goals
- Miscellaneous tasks as directed
- Inquisitiveness – Being comfortable asking questions in appropriate settings.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Analytical Skills – Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Communication – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word and write in a clear and concise manner.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Honesty / Integrity – Ability to be truthful and credible in the workplace.
- Organized – Being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Time Management – Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Proactive – Ability to create or control a situation by causing something to happen rather than responding to it after it has happened.
- Project Management – Ability to organize and direct multiple projects to completion.
- Professionalism – Avoiding business or personal activities that present a conflict of interest. Display conduct favorable to oneself, the department, and the company.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Experience: 1 to 2 years’ experience in product/project development preferred.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Other: Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.