Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Co. of Idaho
Production Support Specialist
Department: Customer Experience Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Reports To: Customer Experience Manager
Grade/Level: NA Amount of Travel Required: NA
Job Type: Regular Positions Supervised: NA
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday 8 – 5pm; Overtime as needed.
Our innovative and growing company is looking for a driven, ambitious individual who wants to create a career in the insurance industry. The Production Support Specialist is a good fit if you like to investigate and troubleshoot issues ranging from simple to complex. Our production support specialists serve as a first point of contact when insurance software issues are encountered by home office and field office staff. They ensure that the production process runs smoothly. Their responsibilities include everything from researching issues to find root causes or identify defects within the system to providing status updates or steps to work around the issue to our end users. We provide extensive training, guidance, and support as well as the opportunity to experience the insurance industry and gain valuable work experience.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Review/Investigate issues when they first get reported
- Triage issues that are reported
- Identify, analyze, and document problems with program function, output, online screen or content.
- Document known system errors and notify development teams when it is ready to be looked at
- Investigate home office and field office problems and provide support
- Create or maintain spreadsheets to track issues, problems and workarounds
- Notify users when issues are corrected or completed
- Respond to end users with instructions on a workaround, user error, or issue has been given to development teams to work on
- Notify correct team members when issues need to be escalated.
- Test/document workarounds
- Test potential fixes on issues
- Make adjustments/fixes in production as needed and directed
- Miscellaneous tasks as directed.
- Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Analytical Skills – Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Communication – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word and also writing in a clear and concise manner.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Honesty / Integrity – Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Time Management – Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Proactive – Ability to create or control a situation by causing something to happen rather than responding to it after it has happened.
- Professionalism – Avoid business or personal activities that present a conflict of interest. Display conduct favorable to oneself, the department, and the company.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Some College: Preferred
Experience: Previous insurance experience preferred.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.