Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Co. of Idaho
Policy Support Specialist
Department: Policy Support Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Reports To: Policy Support Supervisor
Grade/Level: NA Amount of Travel Required: 0%
Job Type: Regular Positions Supervised: None
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday; overtime as needed.
Provide policy support on new and existing policies.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Sort and pitch daily mail as needed.
- Batch daily work and process return mail.
- Scan documents into IR as needed.
- Distribute incoming mail to appropriate departments.
- Assign policy numbers and reference numbers to new applications and lien holders/mortgage holders.
- Research, verify, and correct any errors on applications.
- Receive and review applications and various paperwork from Underwriting/County Offices.
- Process policy changes.
- Work with various departments as needed to correct errors on policies.
- Review and issue certificates of insurance.
- Process online update for WA certificates.
- Work email requests.
- Miscellaneous tasks as directed
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Communication – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word and also writing in a clear and concise manner.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Honesty / Integrity – Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Professionalism – Avoid business or personal activities that present a conflict of interest. Display conduct favorable to oneself, the department, and the company.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Experience: 10-key, keyboarding, and phone skills preferred.
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite and Web based programs.
Other Requirements: Participation in insurance education courses such as AINS, CPCU, and other related courses preferred.