Personal Lines Underwriter Trainee
Review applications for insurance to evaluate degree of risk involved and determine acceptance.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Review risks and determine correct rate and eligibility based on our underwriting rules and guidelines.
- Review applications to determine insurability, proper classification, and application of discounts/surcharges.
- Examine documents to determine degree of risk.
- Make decisions independently based on published and discussed underwriting rules and philosophy.
- Communicate with agency force and others to obtain additional information.
- Miscellaneous tasks as directed
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Communication – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word and also writing in a clear and concise manner.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Honesty / Integrity – Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Loyal – The trait of feeling a duty to the employer.
- Reliability – The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Responsible – Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
- Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Professionalism – Avoid business or personal activities that present a conflict of interest. Display conduct favorable to oneself, the department, and the company.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience: 10-key, keyboarding, and phone skills preferred.
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite and Web based programs.
Other Requirements: Participation in insurance education courses such as AINS, CPCU, and other related courses preferred.
|Location||Pocatello Corporate Office|
|Company||Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Company of Idaho|
|Rate of Pay||We offer competitive pay and an excellent benefits package.|