Idaho Farm Bureau Federation
ORGANIZATION ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Department: Member Relations Division Job Status: Part Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Reports To: Director of Member Relations
Grade/Level: NA Amount of Travel Required: 0%
Job Type: Regular Positions Supervised: None
Work Schedule: M-F Some Flexibility
Provide administrative support to the Idaho Farm Bureau Member Relations team, Young Farmers and Ranchers, Commodity Committees, and the Marketing Association.
- Serve as administrative assistant for the Member Relations team, State Young Farmers and Ranchers Committee, Commodity Committees, and the Marketing Association.
- Accurately and efficiently proofread and edit documents for distribution for Regional Managers, Young Farmers and Ranchers and Commodity Committees and the Marketing Association.
- Assist with budgeting and inventory preparation and review.
- Anticipate upcoming, regular yearly events and prepare appropriate notices, materials and/or documents in a timely manner and in consultation with the Director of Member Relations.
- Set up meetings, agendas, name badges, hotel accommodations, meals, and invitations for various functions.
- Type accurate minutes for multiple meetings.
- Assist in all aspects of communication and promotion with approval by the Director of Member Relations and/or the CEO.
- Assist the Governmental Affairs team as needed with approval by the Director of Member Relations and/or the CEO.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED).
Experience: 3 plus years of experience as an administrative assistant or an administrative assistant certificate from a recognized program.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word. Knowledge Adobe InDesign or other publishing software experience is a plus.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Time Management – Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Analytical Skills – Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Communication – Ability to communicate effectively with others using both the spoken word and writing in a clear and concise manner.
- Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Honesty / Integrity – Ability to be truthful, to be credible in the workplace and keep things confidential.
- Proactive – Ability to create or control a situation by causing something to happen rather than responding to it after it has happened.
- Project Management – Ability to organize and direct a project to successful completion.
- Professionalism – Avoid business or personal activities that present a conflict of interest. Display conduct favorable to oneself, the division, and the company.
- To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.