Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Co. of Idaho
Department: Legal Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Reports To: Director of Legal
Grade/Level: NA Amount of Travel Required: 5%
Job Type: Regular Positions Supervised: NA
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday; Overtime as needed.
Perform secretarial duties using legal terminology, procedures, and documents. Prepare legal pleadings and correspondence, such as summonses, complaints, motions, and subpoenas, and other legal papers as needed such as correspondence and written discovery. May also assist with legal research.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Prepare and process legal pleadings, documents and papers, such as summonses, subpoenas, complaints, appeals, motions, discovery, pretrial agreements, and correspondence.
- Mail, fax, or arrange for delivery of legal correspondence to clients, witnesses, and court officials.
- Receive and place telephone calls.
- Organize and maintain law libraries, documents, and case files.
- Schedule and make appointments.
- Make photocopies of correspondence, documents, and other printed matter.
- Assist attorneys in collecting information such as employment, medical, and other records.
- Draft and type office memos.
- Excellent English and proofreading skills.
- Collections of subrogation cases.
- Even tempered when dealing with occasional difficult telephone calls.
- Miscellaneous tasks as directed.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Analytical Skills – Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Communication – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word and also writing in a clear and concise manner.
- Confidentiality – Ability to keep sensitive information private and secure.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Honesty / Integrity – Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Time Management – Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Proactive – Ability to create or control a situation by causing something to happen rather than responding to it after it has happened.
- Project Management – Ability to organize and direct a project to completion.
- Professionalism – Avoid business or personal activities that present a conflict of interest. Display conduct favorable to oneself, the department, and the company.
- Responsible – Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
- Research Skills – Ability to design and conduct a systematic, objective, and critical investigation.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Some college preferred
Experience: 1 to 2 years’ experience in an administrative role preferred.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.