Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Co. of Idaho
Department: Operations Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non- Exempt Reports To: Building Systems Manager
Grade/Level: NA Amount of Travel Required: 10%
Job Type: Regular Positions Supervised: NA
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday; 8:00AM – 5:00PM
Performs maintenance and repairs related to building, grounds, and equipment.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Establishes, monitors, and carries out preventative maintenance procedures and schedules for buildings, equipment, and grounds.
- Ensures building and equipment meet all safety, security, and fire regulations and policies.
- Performs maintenance and repairs related to carpentry, electrical, painting, mechanical, and plumbing; such as repairing/assembling furniture, constructing shelves, installing switches, replacing plugs, applying paint, and repairing drywall.
- Make adjustments or minor repairs to heating, cooling, ventilating, plumbing, or electrical systems.
- Move heavy furniture, equipment, or supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks.
- Trim shrubbery using hand or power trimmers.
- Clear debris from grounds as necessary.
- Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- Remove snow from sidewalks, driveways, or parking areas; using snowplows, snow blowers, and shovels as needed.
- Steam clean or shampoo carpets and furniture as needed.
- Set up, arrange, or remove decorations, tables, chairs, or ladders to prepare building for events and meetings.
- Perform routine maintenance and cleaning as needed.
- Assist in the mailroom as needed.
- Miscellaneous tasks as directed.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Analytical Skills – Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Communication – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word and also writing in a clear and concise manner.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Honesty / Integrity – Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Loyal – The trait of feeling a duty to the employer.
- Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Responsible – Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
- Safety Awareness – Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Professionalism – Avoid business or personal activities that present a conflict of interest. Display conduct favorable to oneself, the department, and the company.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: Previous experience in similar role preferred.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Other: Knowledge of HVAC and general construction preferred.