Perform duties related to regular handling of mail or packages by performing manual duties and operating mail-processing machines.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Receives, sorts, scans, and processes incoming mail. Weighs, meters, bundles and sorts outgoing mail according to US Postal Service requirements in preparation for delivery.
- Picks up mail from main collection points throughout building at specified times.
- Receives and signs for overnight/priority mail such as Fed-Ex or for certified return receipt mail and prepares mail for pick-up.
- Keep track of departmental postage each week and send expense to the Accounting Department at the end of every month.
- Assists in basic maintenance of sorting/processing machines such as cleaning.
- Assists with daily record keeping such as assigning postage from metered mail to specific department or account code.
- Stocks mail room supplies and verifies good received.
- Assist in keeping lunch room clean and stocked.
- Assist Printing Department with binding, cutting, folding, etc.
- Miscellaneous tasks as assigned.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Communication – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word and also writing in a clear and concise manner.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Honesty / Integrity – Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Loyal – The trait of feeling a duty to the employer.
- Reliability – The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Responsible – Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
- Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Professionalism – Avoid business or personal activities that present a conflict of interest. Display conduct favorable to oneself, the department, and the company.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Physical Demands: Ability to lift up to 50 pounds frequently.
|Location||Pocatello Corporate Office|
|Company||Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Company of Idaho|
|Rate of Pay||We offer competitive pay and an excellent benefits package.|