Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Co. of Idaho
Department: Sales and Marketing Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt Reports To: Director of Sales
Grade/Level: NA Amount of Travel Required: 50%
Job Type: Regular Positions Supervised: Agents
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday
Develop an Agency staff for the purpose of securing and maintaining application of all lines of insurance offered by the Companies. Hiring and developing new Agents up to and above company task. Managing Career Agents to reach their full potential.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Achieving results which are aligned with the larger picture of the organization and its strategic goals.
- Initiative, coupled with a sense of competitive drive, and the ability to stay focused on results despite changing conditions, is the key to achieving the performance objectives of this job. Because environmental and organizational conditions change rapidly, the work involves innovation and creativity in generating ideas for quick response. Decision-making is focused on implementing practical, timely solutions.
- The job requires getting things done quickly and handling a variety of activities. Self-assurance, and the confidence to purposely drive toward results while constantly problem-solving and engaging the commitment of others is essential.
- Leadership style that is firm and goal oriented, and yet motivates, trains, and engages others in an enthusiastic way is important. The emphasis on building rapport and relationships with individuals and groups requires an outgoing, poised and persuasive communication style.
- Ability to learn quickly and thoroughly while continually recognizing and adapting to changing conditions is critical. While the job requires the ability to act independently, a sense of urgency and the confidence to handle a variety of challenges, a full commitment to the success of the business and high standards of achievement are expected in this position. The emphasis is on results, and effective systems that achieve results through and with people, rather than on the details of implementation.
- Miscellaneous tasks as directed.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Active Listening – Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and question of others.
- Communication – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word and also writing in a clear and concise manner.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Honesty / Integrity – Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Loyal – The trait of feeling a duty to the employer.
- Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Responsible – Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
- Sales Ability – Ability to use appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of product, service, or idea.
- Professionalism – Avoid business or personal activities that present a conflict of interest. Display conduct favorable to oneself, the department, and the company.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required. Licensed by the State of Idaho in all product lines offered by the Company as well as FINRA series 6, 63 and 26
Experience: Two to four years related experience required.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Certificates & Licenses: Designation in LUTCF, CLU, CHFC, CPCU, preferred.
Other: Standard driver’s license and satisfactory motor vehicle record.