Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Co. of Idaho
Customer Service Representative
Department: Operations Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Reports To: CSR Supervisor
Grade/Level: NA Amount of Travel Required: NA
Job Type: Regular Positions Supervised: None
Work Schedule: M-F 8:00AM – 5:00PM; Overtime as needed.
Provide unmatched service to customers by providing information and assisting in changes as needed.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Assist agent in transmitting and servicing insurance business.
- Greet clients and take their calls to provide customer service and obtain information on claims.
- Collect initial premiums and issue receipts. Transmit payments and forms to Home Office daily using uniform procedures outlined in manual.
- Review and verify data, such as age, name, address, and principal sum on insurance applications and policies.
- Examine letters from policyholders or agents, original insurance applications, and other company documents to determine if changes are needed and effects of changes.
- Assist Claims department by taking messages, recording initial loss notices, scheduling appointments, distributing mail, mailing claims forms to clients, and processing minor claims.
- Assist in securing and transmitting loan information for Farm Bureau Finance Company.
- Maintain and file all field office records.
- Miscellaneous tasks as directed.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Communication – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word and also writing in a clear and concise manner.
- Customer Oriented – Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Honesty / Integrity – Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Time Management – Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Professionalism – Avoid business or personal activities that present a conflict of interest. Display conduct favorable to oneself, the department, and the company.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Experience: 1 to 2 years’ experience in a customer service role preferred.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.