Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Co. of Idaho
Department: Claims Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt Reports To: Material Damage Claims Supervisor
Grade/Level: NA Amount of Travel Required: 5-10%
Job Type: Regular Positions Supervised: None
Work Schedule: M-F 8:00AM – 5:00PM
This position is focused on identifying user needs, complete requirements, and test for development. Complete necessary updates to Guidewire ClaimCenter.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Setup and maintain information and resources for outside vendors.
- Create claims for unverified policies and add coverages when needed.
- Setup new users into ClaimCenter as needed.
- Develop policy coverage in ClaimCenter when necessary.
- Assist in implementing new ClaimCenter programs.
- Assist Training and Development department with training as needed.
- ClaimCenter liaison for field and Home Office personnel.
- Attend daily stand up, iteration planning, iteration review, iteration retro, and PI Planning.
- Help in identifying and writing stories and requirements for user stories and defects.
- Assist in production support.
- Train Product Owner in use of the ClaimCenter system.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Analytical Skills – Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Communication – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word and also writing in a clear and concise manner.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Honesty / Integrity – Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Responsible – Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
- Professionalism – Avoid business or personal activities that present a conflict of interest. Display conduct favorable to oneself, the department, and the company.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or GED – Some college preferred.
Preferred experience: Four years comparable experience pertinent to insurance claims.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Other Requirements: Participate in industry courses such as AIC and/or CPCU.