Casualty Field Claims Representative
The focus of this position centers around producing timely claim adjustments that are high quality and accurate.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Manage, investigate, and resolve claims.
- Review insurance policy to determine coverage and limits.
- Communicate and take statements from policyholders, witnesses, and claimants in order to gather information regarding claims.
- Investigate and evaluate injury and/or liability.
- Negotiate and settle bodily injury claims within prescribed authority levels.
- Set and maintain reserves.
- Prepare insurance claim forms and related documents and review them for completeness.
- Provide customer service, such as instructions on proceeding with claims.
- Organize and work with detailed office records, using computers to enter, access, search and retrieve data.
- Post or attach information to claim file.
- Identify potential suspicious claims and refer to SIU.
- Identify opportunities for subrogation.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Analytical Skills – Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Communication – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word and also writing in a clear and concise manner.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Honesty / Integrity – Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Reliability – Ability to be dependable and trustworthy.
- Time Management – Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Project Management – Ability to organize and direct a project to completion.
- Professionalism – Avoid business or personal activities that present a conflict of interest. Display conduct favorable to oneself, the department, and the company.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or comparable experience.
Preferred experience: Four years comparable experience in auto, construction, or other areas pertinent to insurance claims.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Licenses: Must have a standard Driver’s License.
Other Requirements: Participate in industry courses such as AIC and/or CPCU.
|Location||Boise Area or Pocatello Area|
|Company||Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Company of Idaho|
|Rate of Pay||We offer competitive pay and an excellent benefits package.|