Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Co. of Idaho
Department: Accounting Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Reports To: Director of Accounting
Grade/Level: NA Amount of Travel Required: NA
Job Type: Regular Positions Supervised: None
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday; 8:00am-5:00pm
Analyze financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organization.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Report to management regarding the finances of establishment.
- Establish tables of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts.
- Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology.
- Compute taxes owed, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting or other tax requirements.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Provide internal and external auditing services for businesses or individuals.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Advise management about issues such as resource utilization, tax strategies, and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
- Appraise, evaluate, and inventory real property and equipment, recording information such as the description, value and location of property.
- Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, or maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
- Miscellaneous task as directed.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Analytical Skills – Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Confidentiality – Ability to keep sensitive information private and secure.
- Communication – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word and also writing in a clear and concise manner.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Honesty / Integrity – Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Time Management – Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Proactive – Ability to create or control a situation by causing something to happen rather than responding to it after it has happened.
- Professionalism – Avoid business or personal activities that present a conflict of interest. Display conduct favorable to oneself, the department, and the company.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Accounting degree required.
Experience: Prior experience in accounting preferred.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Web-based programs.
Other: Ability to run a 10-key adding machine by touch.