Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Co. of Idaho
Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer/Developer
Department: Information Services Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Reports To: Quality Assurance Supervisor
Grade/Level: NA Amount of Travel Required: N/A
Job Type: Regular Positions Supervised: None
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday
Senior Software QA Engineers/Developers will interpret business requirements, develop and execute test scripts, report bugs, and make recommendations for resolving software defects. They will research, learn and apply best practices to the software development quality assurance process, support the development team with the creation of tools, and become an expert in hands-on software testing (functional, regression, load, etc).
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Aid in the development of QA team members understanding of the Selenium project and best practices for software testing.
- Develop and execute test scripts written in various programming languages.
- Automated scripting using Java/Selenium.
- Maintain Selenium Grid for automated regression suite.
- Support Docker Infrastructure.
- Conduct all types of application testing as needed: system, unit, regression, load, and acceptance.
- Collaborate with business analysts, developers, and system users in the testing of software programs and applications.
- Analyze test results to discover and resolve defects, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws.
- Adhere to the defect tracking process and monitor defects so that resolution progresses in a timely manner.
- Be comfortable working within an agile project management framework.
- Miscellaneous tasks as directed.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Analytical Skills – Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Communication – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word and also writing in a clear and concise manner.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Honesty / Integrity – Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Reliability – Ability to be dependable and trustworthy.
- Time Management – Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Project Management – Ability to organize and direct a project to completion.
- Professionalism – Avoid business or personal activities that present a conflict of interest. Display conduct favorable to oneself, the department, and the company.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Positive energy and a passion, with an aptitude for technology, systems, and processes.
- Proven data analysis, data verification, and problem-solving abilities.
- Knowledge of basic programming languages.
- Strong knowledge of system testing and software quality assurance methodologies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skill.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science/Information Systems.