Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Co. of Idaho
Department: Finance Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt Reports To: Director of Finance
Grade/Level: NA Amount of Travel Required: 10%
Job Type: Regular Positions Supervised: None
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday
Evaluate, authorize, or recommend approval of loans. Advise borrowers on financial status and payment methods. Manage collection activities of consumer loans. Provide customer service and support for other positions in department.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Analyze applicants’ financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans.
- Daily review and participation in collection activity on delinquent accounts.
- Record information about financial status of customers and status of collection efforts.
- Notify credit departments, order merchandise repossession or service disconnection, and turn over account records to attorneys when customers fail to respond to collection attempts.
- Maintain company standard of delinquency ratios.
- Negotiate credit extensions when necessary.
- Obtain and compile copies of loan applicants’ credit histories, financial statements, and other financial information.
- Contact insurance companies to check on status of claims payments and write appeal letters for denial on claims.
- Meet with applicants to obtain information for loan applications and to answer questions about the process.
- Approve loans within specified limits and refer loan applications outside those limits to management for approval.
- Answer customer’s questions regarding problems with their accounts.
- Handle customer complaints and take appropriate action to resolve them.
- Analyze potential loan markets and develop referral networks to locate prospects for loans.
- Arrange for maintenance and liquidation of delinquent properties.
- Petition courts to transfer titles and deeds of collateral to banks.
- Solicit and sell securities offered by Farm Bureau Finance Company when licensed.
- Cultivate dealer markets.
- Cross train on other duties and functions of other Finance Department positions as assigned.
- Other responsibilities will include repossessions, small claims, bankruptcy filings, or other actions as required.
- Miscellaneous tasks as directed.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Analytical Skills – Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Communication – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word and also writing in a clear and concise manner.
- Decision Making – Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Honesty / Integrity – Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Time Management – Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Professionalism – Avoid business or personal activities that present a conflict of interest. Display conduct favorable to oneself, the department, and the company.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or comparable experience.
Experience: Three years lending experience preferred.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Other: NMLS licensing and ability to obtain Securities License at a later date.